Terms And Conditions
(Please print a copy for your reference)
- Au-Pairs placement up to 3 months £250
- Long term placement (3 months+) up to 25hrs £450
- Drivers (25hrs) £520
- 25 hrs – 34 hrs £470
- Mothers help and Housekeepers (all nationalities) 35 hrs + £695
- Couples £695
- Companions for the elderly £720
- Introduction for part time live out Mothers helps £100
- Mothers helps registration fee £40
All Czech , Polish , German, French, and certain other nationalities are subject to a £50 supplement due to higher commission rates charged by overseas agencies. Please note that this supplement is non-refundable after overseas agencies of £50.
- L.A.P. (Larah Au-Pairs) fees must be paid in full with the family letter of invitation at least 21 days before arrival. Without this payment the au-pair cannot travel.
- Late payments are subjected to a £50 penalty plus interest at 6% above Bank of England base rate of the accumulated outstanding fee per month.
- If invoice remains unpaid, L.A.P. will instruct a debt collection agency and the client will be responsible for all ancillary costs.
- There is also a minimum charge of £50 on cheques returned by bankers plus £20 administration charge.
- The 6 weeks probation period is only valid if full placement fee has been received by L.A.P before the arrival.
- 3 weeks after au pair arrival Refund at 50%
- 6 weeks after au pair arrival Refund at 25%
- No refunds for short term placement
- You must advise and send in writing to L.A.P if you wish for them to leave and give 2 weeks’ notice.
Note: An unsatisfactory placement must be notified to L.A.P in writing within the first 4 weeks of arrival. If the au-pair leaves during the probation period, L.A.P. will do its best to find a suitable replacement within 4 weeks, one replacement to be supplied free of charge at L.A.P.’s discretion. If however it is not possible to provide a suitable replacement the above terms apply. If the family choose not have a replacement no refund will be made.
- If no arrival or cancellation occurs then L.A.P.’s major concern will be to find a replacement. If however this is not possible a refund or credit will be made less £50 administration cost
- If the family cancels after a placement has been made, there will be no refund of the fee due.
- The agency fee is for introduction only and L.A.P. cannot be held responsible should the Au-Pair stay shorter than the planned time.
- This registration fee will be deducted from the final fee when your Au-Pair has been chosen.
- No placement can be made until the signed Registration Form and Terms & Conditions have been returned to L.A.P.
- L.A.P. accepts no financial responsibility for any accident that occurs to a girl or boy who acts as an Au-Pair.
- If any accidents occur it should be covered by the host family’s own insurance arrangements. Any damage to vehicles should be covered by the host family , under no circumstances should the au pair’s pocket money be withheld to cover the cost of any accidental loss or damage.
- L.A.P. tries to ensure full suitability and integrity of the au-pair but cannot warrant the exactitude of personal details or references supplied by the au-pair. Also, L.A.P. is not liable for any damage, loss, expense, injury or inconvenience that the family could suffer during placement.
- We recommend both parties give 2 weeks notice.